Policy of Referee Reading
1. Objective of referee reading
Asian Confederation of Orthopedic Manipulative Physical Therapy makes it mandatory for presentations of research and theme submitted for publication in “Journal of Asian Orthopedic Manipulative Physical Therapy” to be read by referees to maintain the fairness of research.
2. Documents subject to referee reaching
All research papers and research reports submitted for publication in the academic journal, “Journal of Asian Orthopedic Manipulative Physical Therapy,” are subject to referee reading.
(1)We appoint two referees well at home in the subject of the academic paper or theme abstract from the referee reading committee and ask them to take charge of referee reading.
(2)In order to guarantee the fairness of referee reading, we do not appoint a referee affiliated with the same facilities for which the author works unless in an exceptional case. We select personnel from a wide perspective.
(3)Referees are not allowed to leak any particulars of referee reading to others.
4. Method of referee reading
(1)The executive office of the society or academic journal department checks particulars that can be checked against the application rules for presentation and writing guidelines in advance of referee reading.
(2)The names of referees are kept secret from the author.
(3)Referees write their opinions on the result of referee reading in the referee judgment sheet concisely, concretely, and objectively to the extent necessary to make a judgment regardless of whether the paper is accepted, conditionally accepted, or rejected.
(4)In the case of theme abstract and research paper judged as conditionally accepted, we inform the author of the referee reading result. If the author submits a revised edition, we ask the same referees to read it and make a judgment.
(5)Period for referee reading of an academic paper and theme abstract is determined by the referee reading committee.
5. Method to make a judgement on publication in the academic journal and presentation in the academic meeting
The referee committee makes a decision on whether or not the contributed paper or theme abstract is accepted.
(1)Criteria used by referees
The author is responsible for the contents and expressions of his academic paper and theme abstract. Referees evaluate them objectively.
(2)Referee reading is carried out by two referees, and we appoint them from the list of referees.
6. In referee reading, referees make the final judgment on the basis whether or not objective, method, and conclusion are consistent ethically with reference to the attached “Referee Reading Guidelines” and “Request for Writing in the Referee Reading Judgement Sheet.” If additional research and a great deal of revisions are required, referees reject the submitted paper and suggest that the author should submit a revised edition at a later date.
7. The referee reading committee sends the “Referee reading result” to the author and gives him seven days, as a rule, to revise his product.
8. The referees take charge of referee reading for the second and subsequent editions.
Referee Reading Guidelines: Judgment items and check points
1. Judgement items
1) Do the contents fall into the category of “Journal of Asian Orthopedic Manipulative Physical Therapy”?
2) Is the research objective clear and novel?
3) Is the research method (subject and method) appropriate?
4) Is the research free from any ethical problems?
5) Is the analysis or conclusion well grounded?